Thursday, February 25, 2010

In Progress: Looking for spots to fire 3, value bet thinner, value bet larger.

Weaknesses: Folding too much, paying more attention while playing, only considering things from my perspective.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 557465
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $99.70
BB: $129.95
Hero (BTN): $100.00

I joined 2 guys playing HU at a FR table, this is my first BTN, first 2 hands were folded by me and there were no sds yet.

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with A of clubs K of spades
Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Pretty standard.

Flop: ($9.00) 9 of clubs K of hearts 5 of hearts (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $6, SB raises to $12, BB folds, Hero requests TIME, Hero calls $6

My initial bet should have been at least 1bb larger. Once he raises I think his range could consist of a lot of things. Top pair, sets, and air I believe are the biggest components of his range. Sometimes it will be 9x or TT trying to see if I have a king. I don't really see draws take this line very often.

Turn: ($33.00) 3 of spades (2 players)
SB bets $17, Hero calls $17

This bet size made me slightly rethink my flop range I put him on because this bet looks like he has a draw that is making a half pot bet to see the river. I'm not sure if I should be raising here to get value from those hands, or calling to see what he does on the river.

River: ($67.00) K of diamonds (2 players)
SB bets $32.50, Hero raises to $68 all in, SB calls $35.20 all in

His half pot bet makes me feel really confident in having the best hand so I think the shove is pretty standard. If he shoved into me however I would have still called but not felt as good about it.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 557476
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $100.00
UTG: $100.00
UTG+1: $127.40
UTG+2: $100.00
MP1: $144.35
MP2: $56.10
CO: $97.65
BTN: $60.75
SB: $111.15

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with Q of diamonds K of spades
5 folds, CO calls $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $4, CO calls $3, 1 fold

CO is 36/5, so, yeah, could have made it 5x, probably should have.

Flop: ($9.00) T of hearts 5 of hearts 5 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero requests TIME, Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

I bet small to get him off of a lot of garbage and just try to win the pot, I figure i'll have to bet a lot of cards on the turn, basically anything but a 5, T or heart, gunna bet a lot of brick rivers too.

Turn: ($19.00) J of diamonds (2 players)
Hero bets $14, CO calls $14

Pretty standard

River: ($47.00) T of spades (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $47, Hero folds

The way the actual hand played out I think it is all very standard. I just want to make sure my plan of starting a bluff on this flop is good or not.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 557478
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (MP2): $135.00
CO: $100.00
BTN: $100.00
SB: $246.50
BB: $100.00
UTG: $147.85
UTG+1: $100.00
MP1: $16.35

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is MP2 with A of diamonds A of spades
3 folds, Hero requests TIME, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, BTN calls $3, 2 folds

BTN caller is 16/11, havn't really seen anything from him yet.

Flop: ($7.50) 6 of spades T of clubs 3 of clubs (2 players)
Hero bets $6, BTN raises to $17, Hero calls $11

CB should be standard, when he raises I immediately recognize that this is a spot where I usually end up folding, not always on the flop, but I don't seem to get to showdown a lot unless he checks back the turn. If positions were earlier, like I raise UTG he flats in MP, I would just be folding here.

I considered a 3b right here, and I think that's probably a good plan. I don't allow him to check back the turn if he has a draw, I don't get bluffed off the best hand when he does decide to barrel draws. If I thought his range of raising the flop was so wide that I could 3bet than I could also call and call down, but I honestly have no idea how to interpret the raise and how much air to weigh into it.

Basically I could be convinced pretty easily that this is a super standard get in but it just seems like whenever I do I get shown a set or a combo draw at the absolute worst, the fact that this is FR makes me much less happy here as well. If this were a 6max table I would expect people to be getting it in lighter as a default and would always be getting it in here, probably just on the flop.

Turn: ($41.50) 8 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $25, Hero folds

Obviously I hate the way I played this hand, I basically called the flop hoping he'd check back the turn. If he bets anything meaningful on the turn, it always looks like he's setting up for a river shove and I just end up folding. Even this bet size though while it sets up perfectly for a river shove it is also somewhat small in relative terms to the pot if he did have a set on a draw heavy board.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 557481
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $100.00
BB: $296.85
UTG: $100.00
UTG+1: $100.00
MP1: $97.00
MP2: $43.00
CO: $94.40
Hero (BTN): $100.00

SB is 14/5

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with A of hearts Q of diamonds
5 folds, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($7.00) T of hearts T of diamonds A of diamonds (2 players)
SB checks, Hero requests TIME, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $10, Hero calls $7

Pretty standard bet/call imo, he can have draws, a worse Ax, complete air, or Tx. Lot of air to little value.

Turn: ($27.00) K of diamonds (2 players)
SB bets $17, Hero calls $17

He could be barreling a made flush here, but if so his sizing is ridiculously bad and i'm getting a good price to draw with my Qd. I think I am also chopping with Ax as well a decent % of the time as well.

River: ($61.00) 7 of diamonds (2 players)
SB bets $30, Hero calls $30

I have the nut flush on a paired board, he's not repping a boat, but I still don't know if I can expect a shove to get called by worse. I mean, I don't know how light I should assume they stack off.

No comments:

Post a Comment