Saturday, February 6, 2010

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 520639
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $114.50
UTG: $127.80
UTG+1: $105.95
MP: $309.50
CO: $100.00
BTN: $28.45
Hero (SB): $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with T of spades T of hearts
5 folds, Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $10, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($20.00) 7 of hearts J of clubs 5 of clubs (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $12, Hero calls $12

Turn: ($44.00) 2 of spades (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($44.00) 8 of spades (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Final Pot: $44.00
BB mucks Q of spades 6 of clubs
Hero shows T of spades T of hearts (a pair of Tens)
Hero wins $41.85
(Rake: $2.15)


I had played 1 hand with this villain prior, he had 3b my CO open on the btn and after checking his btn 3b% to see it be 14, I 4b him with something and he folded, I forget what I had. So I figured he would be light in bvb as well, I didn't think I should 4b and get it in pre, his fold to 4b was 100% so i'm not sure how light he will 5b back at me, or is there enough dead money for how often he folds to the 4b that makes 4b better? Either way I wasn't comfortable with that so I decided to flat and call a lot of flops and probably a 2barrel if a scare card hit. I'm not sure if this is a good plan or not.

When he cb the J75fd I called like planned since I figure he'll fire his whole range here. After he checks back the turn I figure my hand to be good, and i'm not sure if I should be leading the river for value, check calling or even check folding. I checked again and probably would have ended up folding to most river bets.

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $50.90
BTN: $108.30
SB: $107.25
BB: $100.00
UTG: $93.85
UTG+1: $101.50
Hero (MP): $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is MP with A of hearts 9 of spades
2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, BTN calls $3, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.50) A of clubs T of diamonds J of hearts (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($7.50) 4 of hearts (2 players)
Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

River: ($17.50) 7 of spades (2 players)
Hero bets $12, BTN calls $12



So in this next hand, it is essentially folded to me in MP 6 handed. The Co and BTn are both taggy players so I decide to open the A9o as they will likely fold a lot, the sb is a tag as well, and the bb is a nit, so I expect this to take down the pot pre often enough to show a profit by itself, but when we need to go to postflop we won't be in terrible shape. The BTN caller is 18/14 over 74 hands, 8% 3b, and 8% call open.

I decide not to cbet this flop because I think when I check he will stab with a lot of his small pairs and suited connectors that have no chance of winning, where he will fold all of those to my cbet. I plan on checking the turn again if I check call a flop bet and if he bets large I'm just going to fold as I really don't think players here will start barreling just because I check called the flop, these games aren't that aggressive at all. In this spot he checks back, which leads me to believe he has a pair he doesn't want to turn into a bluff, like a T9s, 99, or QJ type hand that can't get any value from a bet right now, but if they take a street off maybe they can get some value on the turn and or river.

With the turn bringing more draws and my opponent very unlikely to have a stronger hand than me I decide to bet for value now with the intention of betting a lot of brick rivers as well. So I bet and he called, which leads me to believe he has a pair and draw, or a turned flush draw, or maybe even a weak suited ace himself or something like that. I think the strongest hand in his range is AQ and that is if he decided to take a very passive line on the flop, most often he won't have better than A5s.

The only draw the river completed was 98, and I am pretty sure he would stab at the pot when I check to him on the flop with that hand, so i'm not really worried about this card and consider it a brick, so I bet for value again despite my kicker not being great.

No comments:

Post a Comment