Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Goals: Being aware of what my range looks like to my opponents, also, how the board connects with my perceived range. There are lots of spots where I bluff and try to rep something that my opponents won't see in my range, and conversely there are lots of spots that I don't bluff because I don't realize how strong my range looks and how the board connects well with that perceived range.

In Progress: I feel like I can move 3barreling into the in progress stage, I am much more actively looking for spots than I have in the past, also checking things like wtsd and fold to turn cb and river cb stats more often, I still have tons of work to do though.

Still trying to extract more with my big hands, there's a lot of spots where I could still be adding a few more bbs to my bets/raises that won't change the frequency they get called but will make more money.

Weaknesses: I know i'm giving up in too many spots and i'm sure I don't even realize what half of those are right now.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 543932
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $85.70
UTG+2: $64.70
MP1: $22.00
MP2: $103.55
CO: $120.20
BTN: $37.35
Hero (SB): $104.65
BB: $107.15
UTG: $100.00

MP2 is main villain in this hand, he is running 53/15 aggression by street is 1/.7/4 or by frequency 24/15/30. So he seems pretty passive overall i'd say.

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with A of diamonds K of hearts
2 folds, UTG+2 calls $1, 1 fold, MP2 calls $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, MP2 calls $5

Raise is pretty standard, his range is ridiculously wide and may or may not include slowplayed big hands, I think this guy is capable of a lot of dumb things preflop, so it's tough to know exactly what he's up to.

Flop: ($14.00) T of clubs 7 of clubs A of hearts (2 players)
Hero bets $10, MP2 calls $10

Pretty standard again I feel, I could have gone 1bb larger but given stack sizes and the flop size it won't be tough to get all in by the river.

Turn: ($34.00) 6 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero bets $28, MP2 calls $28

Standard 2barrel to charge draws and worse pairs/kickers

River: ($90.00) 2 of clubs (2 players)
Hero??

This is where i'm unsure what to do, and I know that's probably bad since I should have had a plan for this type of river, it is a brick if he is holding a pair, and its the nuts if he had clubs. I'm not sure if he would pay me with an Ax type hand if I shove, and even then there are a lot of Ax hands that are beating me, AT, A7, A6 A2, he can still hold A4, A5, A8, A9, but I think it ends there because I feel like this guy is really going to be raising his AJ+ hands preflop. He does have a 15% pfr and people do tend to raise with their better hands. So I think there are less AQ and AJ hands to be in his range rather than the weaker aces, so all that does is take hands out of his range that can/would pay me.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 543934
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $43.40
BB: $119.00
UTG: $35.00
UTG+1: $74.45
Hero (UTG+2): $134.35
MP1: $100.00
MP2: $85.70
CO: $165.35
BTN: $100.00

This was against another fish, MP2 again, this time running at 44/15. He folds to flop cbets 63%, turn cb 33% river cb 100% over 72 hands (2 hands to the river), also as you could guess his wtsd is ridic small over this sample at only 8%.

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG+2 with K of diamonds A of diamonds
2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, MP2 calls $3, 4 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 5 of clubs 6 of spades 9 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero bets $5, MP2 calls $5

I knew that when I bet this flop I would likely end up barreling a lot of good turn and river cards. This is a common spot i'm starting to see as a barreling opportunity, overcards on a low-mid semi connected board. There are lots of hands that will call down and fold on brick rivers, and my 6 outs will be clean most of the time, I think 98% of my kings are good and maybe 75% of my aces. This doesn't count the times he calls us with a worse ace high on the flop and we end up betting for value. He may even fold 22-44 here since he is kind of nitty in response to flop cbets.

Turn: ($17.50) 3 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero bets $14, MP2 calls $14

I would have barreled this card regardless looking to fire a lot of brick rivers, I consider those to be T+, a deuce, or also a 3 I guess. This might be a spewey plan, but I still think my overcard outs are as good on the river as they would have been on the turn.

River: ($45.50) 6 of clubs (2 players)
Hero requests TIME, Hero bets $40

Initially looking at it I wasn't sure if this should have been one of the cards I was barreling, when I think about it now i'm still not sure. He will have A6, 67, 68, 64 in his range, and some % of the time he will be slowplaying 65 or 69. However, he could also have 5x, 77, 88, or a busted draw that we don't give him the chance to bluff us with.

Not really sure if this one is good at all, I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. u can either shove or bet small w the AK. if u check hes gonna check behind every hand u beat. if hes a huge clown shoving would be ok since hes rarely gonna fold TP. betting small is good bc hes never gonna like bluffshove over it (either he had a draw or has a tp which hed call w). lots of spots like this are gay bc if u check u cant really c/c but theres still some value to be had and betting sort of protects u from having to c/f a strong hand when ur unsure of his tendencies. like u can even bet ridiculouslyu small like 1/4 of the pot or something.

    2nd hand is fine although i think your river bet may be too big. were trying to get him to fold 77, 88, straight draws (since if we check were going to lose to them some %age of time), 5x, 44, and other random hands. betting huge here isnt really accomplishing much as id imagine hes never folding tp (if he is this betsizing complication can change), or trips and unless u bet like 1/4 of pot w his stats hes never going to hero call u. so i think 40 is way too much. 30-35 is much much better. and i mean the rivers a mandatory bet after the turn, and honestly, this is like the nut opponent to be barreling so id fire 3 even if i didnt pick up diamonds. blank river id imagine he fodls insane amount, sucks about this one, but still have to suck it up and bet. half pot might even be ok since he doesnt seem suspicious type.

    ReplyDelete