Monday, February 15, 2010

Today I want to focus more on 3betting the button vs light CO and MP openers. There were a few players I found yesterday who had very high CO steal numbers, and I was repeatedly 3xing their CO opens from the BTN and it was working out pretty well. I was also calling a little more out of the blinds yesterday than I usually do, with hands like suited aces and suited connectors in spots where the preflop raiser is usually on the button, but sometimes a cutoff raiser and a button caller also makes for a good spot esp when closing the action. Either way I guess I generally am going to be looking for more situations where people have too wide of ranges and I will try to exploit that by playing stronger ranges more aggressively.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 538235
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $100.00
MP: $107.45
CO: $150.25
BTN: $85.80
Hero (SB): $172.80
BB: $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with J of diamonds J of clubs
3 folds, BTN calls $1, Hero raises to $5, BB calls $4, BTN calls $4

Flop: ($15.00) 3 of diamonds 5 of spades 5 of clubs (3 players)
Hero bets $12, BB raises to $28, BTN folds, Hero folds


The BB is 24/8 he has very low aggression numbers, .8 on the flop, slightly higher on turn and river. He has raised 1 cbet in 3 opportunities prior to this hand. He also rarely 3bets, only 2%. The only position he has 3bet from so far is the small blind, and it was against an early position opener.

It seemed really weak bet/folding JJ on a 553r board, but against this player, and especially because it's multi way I really don't think that he's going to be raising me here with like 99 or TT. If he slowplayed a big pair pre he might raise here, I think his most likely holding is going to be A5s or 56s though, 33 is in his range as well, but I think most people are more inclined to slowplay a flopped boat, maybe not though. Either way I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake folding here.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 538250
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $112.75
UTG: $101.50
UTG+1: $195.45
UTG+2: $63.50
MP1: $138.85
MP2: $69.90
CO: $186.60
Hero (BTN): $110.20
SB: $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with K of diamonds K of spades
2 folds, UTG+2 calls $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5, SB calls $4.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($12.00) Q of diamonds 4 of hearts 5 of clubs (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $8, SB calls $8

Turn: ($28.00) A of diamonds (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $18, SB raises to $43, Hero folds


SB is 24/11 calls opens from the sb 38% of the time, he folds to cbets 18%, raising 27, and calling the other 55%.

The flop cbet could have been slightly larger, 9 or 10. Since this guy has a ton of shit in his range the 8/12 might induce some calls from random hands that are in terrible shape like KJ or 87, so the size likely isn't that bad. I think his continuing range on this board is going to be a lot of A hi hands, any gutter, any pair, maybe not 22 or 33 but this guy could easily be bad enough to peel those, especially to the slightly smaller cbet.

On the turn my plan was to bet for value against any pairs he could have. His fold to turn cbet is 0 over 2 opportunities, so I think it's likely that he could call another bet here with a hand like 56, they seem to hate folding pairs here even when the scare card hits, so I figure bet again for value. If he called this instead of raising my plan was to 1/3rd to half pot a lot of rivers to try and get value out of Qx, JJ, TT or really any hand he is just too stubborn to fold. My bet size depends on the river itself, if it's a J or T I will bet 1/3rd, if it's a 9 or below i'll go half pot. If it's an A i'll bet near 80% pot, and if it's a King i'll probably pot the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment